COOK COUNTY REAL ESTATE CLOSING LAWYER
Illinois Real Estate Transactions
If you are preparing to buy, sell or lease real estate in Cook, Will or DuPage, we invite you to retain the law offices of Sokol & Mazian in Orland Park.
PURCHASE, SALE, LEASE OF RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL PROPERTY
Schedule a consultation with us. Learn about our real estate-related services. We are very experienced and proud of our reputation and will walk you through the process of buying, selling, closing or leasing for the following real estate:
- Single family residences
- Apartment complexes
- Commercial real estate including office buildings, shopping centers, gas stations, and stores
Our years of experience and reputation for quality legal services have resulted in multiple repeat business and subsequent referrals. We have earned a reputation for handling clients’ transactions promptly, smoothly, and efficiently thereby, reducing and eliminating delays and disputes as much as possible. We will work closely with realtors in a cooperative, non adversarial manner and attempt to mediate differences to reduce or alleviate animosity when it arises.
CLOSING, INSPECTION, TITLE ACTION, POST-CLOSING POSSESSION AGREEMENTS
Clients turn to us for information, guidance and assistance in real estate transactions:
- Assisting in making offers and counter offers to contracts
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating the sale & purchase of property and leases terms
- Coordinating the transaction with real estate agents, loan officers, opposing counsel, and title company examiners and closers
- Arranging for home inspections and assisting with resolving discovered defects
- Advise regarding home repairs
- Preparing and reviewing title transfer documents: the deed, revenue declarations, Bill of Sale, Affidavit of Title, the Closing Disclosure & Master Settlement Statement and justifying the figures on the closing statements
- Procuring and reviewing , and resolution of the title insurance commitments
- Clearing the title commitment of objectionable, liens and encumbrances
- Attending the closing and review and approval of Master settlement statement
- Preparing post-closing possession agreements and real estate tax agreements where necessary
- Acting as escrow agent for future real estate tax related issues when appropriate
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE: LEASES AND SALES
As Cook , Will & DuPage County, real estate lawyers, we will represent clients in commercial real estate sales & purchases & leases, ordinance issues and review of environmental audits. We assist in negotiating complex contracts for the sale or purchase or lease of buildings including stores, shopping centers, apartment complexes, dental offices and insurance agencies.
CONVERSION OF APARTMENTS TO CONDOS
For years owners and developers of condo conversions have entrusted the attorneys of Sokol & Mazian with all phases of the conversion process in real estate transactions including the following:
- Preparing the Declaration of Condominium and Bylaws
- Reviewing and resolving of any issues disclosed by structural engineering reports and surveyors’ plat of survey
- Compliance with village ordinances and state condominium law
- Communicating and corresponding with the title insurance company, real estate agents, attorneys, mortgage lenders and occupants of apartments.
The law firm of Sokol & Mazian will assist you with residential or commercial real estate transactions in Cook, Will & DuPage. Please contact us by phone or e-mail before your finalize the terms of your transactions for advice that will protect and improve your chances for a smooth rewarding closing.